Signs of Faulty Gutters in Michigan - And When to Replace Them
If you're the type of homeowner that despises cleaning out your gutters constantly, but your gutters are constantly giving you trouble – then this blog is for you. This is your sign to invest in a new gutter system and never worry about your gutters ever again.
Let's begin with a simple quiz! What is the purpose of your gutters?
A) To cause me stress
B) To collect dirt, leaves, twigs, and debris
C) There is no purpose
D) To divert water away from my foundation
If you answered D, you are correct! Although A & B are technically correct as well, because you don't have Gutter Shutter yet.
The purpose of your gutters is to funnel water away from your foundation to prevent pooling water, erosion, and basement leaks, and to protect your foundation and landscaping. Faulty gutters can lead to a plethora of problems.
Problems with faulty gutters:
- Water damage can occur on your roof and siding, and interior ceilings and walls if gutters are not working properly.
- Clogged, heavy gutters may rot wooden siding and fascia, leading to lower indoor air quality and mold growth within the home.
- Gutters are more likely to break and need repairs due to excessive clogging caused by leaves, pine needles, and other debris.
- Pests are more likely to inhabit a clogged gutter with stagnant, restricted water flow. Decaying leaves create a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other unwanted insects.
- Requires constant cleaning and maintenance, including climbing up a dangerous ladder to do so.
- Ineffective downspouts and clogged gutters make foundations more vulnerable to damage and flooding due to pooling water.
- Damage to your landscape may occur as water bypasses clogged gutters and floods gardens and hardscapes below.
- Ice dams and icy sidewalk conditions may occur as snow and water pool due to a clogged drain.
If you have dealt with any of these issues recently, it might be time to replace and upgrade your gutter system. So why not install a system with a lifetime warranty, and then never have to worry about your gutters again? That's why people are choosing Gutter Shutter.
This is an all-in-one gutter solution that is guaranteed to never clog or pull away from the home. Gutter Shutter is constructed 0.032 thick aluminum, stronger than any other residential system. This unique gutter system is more effective than any other gutters on the market!
Gutter Shutter Features:
- Lifetime No Clog Warranty - Will never clog or fill with debris
- No-Pull Guarantee - Will never pull away from your home for the lifetime of the structure
- Installs with certified GutterStud brackets every 24 inches for guaranteed stability
- Available in 18 colors, as well as custom colors
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Aesthetically similar to crown molding for a boost in curb appeal & home value
- Installs directly to fascia board completely independent of the roof
- Saves you money should you need a roof replacement, as you won't have to replace gutters at the same time
- Completely enclosed with Gutter Guards while still allowing for maximum water flow
- No vertical openings for debris
- Performs well on both steep & shallow roofs
- Designed & tested to handle heavy rainfalls using the principle of surface tension