Mold is the last thing any homeowner wants to deal with. It can cause numerous health issues, aggravate allergies, and ruin anything it grows on. Once it starts growing, it keeps spreading - mold spores are released into the air and make their way throughout the entire home. It can be very dangerous if left untreated.
Which is why these homeowners were very worried when they discovered mold growing in several areas in their basement due to water leakage and high humidity. Their wooden wall panels and wooden built-in shelves all fell victim and needed to be removed. They're lucky nothing started rotting yet! The basement ultimately needed to be treated for mold and waterproofed, so they called HomeSpec.
Our crew used our Mold-X2 stain remover and Mold-X2 Botanical to get rid of the mold (and stains) and prevent it from growing back. Mold can't grow on inorganic materials, so the foundation walls were covered with a CleanSpace vapor barrier. The homeowners will be able to install drywall over the vapor barrier and not have to worry. Then we installed an interior drainage system to waterproof the basement. Lastly, the homeowners wanted a dehumidifier installed to control the humidity of the basement. By getting rid of and controlling the moisture, they eliminated the possibility of mold or water issues in the future.
Project Manager: Ben Gabowitz
Lead Foreman: Blake Dushefski